This course examines the role of safety-sensitive employees and their understanding and responsibility to comply with their company’s drug and alcohol policy. It provides an understanding of the impact that drugs and alcohol can have on themselves and others. Establishes testing situations for when drug and alcohol testing is required. In this course, we’ll examines appropriate procedures when employees test positive for drugs and/or alcohol according to the Federal Transit Authority (FTA). This ensures that employees understand the testing procedures and their legal rights.
Topics include the following:
- Effects and consequences of drug use in the workplace, including the following types of illicit drugs:
- Interviews with two people who have been recovering from alcohol and drug usage
- Consequences of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Federal Transit Authority (FTA) rules and regulations
- FTA Drug & Alcohol Testing Procedures