All drivers will need to take this instructional course prior to being allowed to provide special transportation services per Minnesota DOT (Mn DOT) Statute 8840.5910, Subpart 1. It will also prepare you to learn the principles of defensive driving.
Lessons Include the Following
- Being a Professional Driver
- Customer Service
- Professional Boundaries
- Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection Procedures – instruction in line item E
- Different Difficult and Dangerous Passengers
- Fire Extinguisher Training – instruction in line item D
- Warning Triangles – instruction in line item D
- Accident Procedures – instruction in line item D
- Lift Operations – instruction in line item C
- Securing Mobility Devices – instruction of line item C
- Securing a Wheelchair – instruction of line item C
- Assisting Wheelchair Users with Inclines and Obstacles – instruction in line item C
- Boarding and De-Boarding – instruction in line item C
- Back-Up Procedures
- Communication – instruction in line item B
The ‘STS Pre-Driver Training’ course covers instruction of the topics above. The instruction and demonstration of pre-driver and passenger assistance topics are to be done by the employing company – per Minnesota DOT 8840.5910, Subpart 1.
If you want to purchase and take passenger assistance training through eLearnTSG, please register for our ‘Passenger Assistance A – Online’ and ‘Passenger Assistance B – Classroom’ courses. Please note that you must complete ‘Passenger Assistance A – Online’ before you can access our ‘Passenger Assistance B – Classroom’ course
This course will not let you receive credit for each lesson you completed if you are using the Google Chrome or Apple Safari web browser to take this training. Please switch to a different web browser like Microsoft Edge for the time being, in order to receive credit for each lesson and topic you complete. If you are still having problems getting credit, contact us here.