Hands-on training of Standard First Aid practices and purposes. Trains how to identify medical illnesses and injuries that warrant a response. Also instructs how to assist individuals who are ill or injured to the best of the employee’s ability. The Standard First Aid Classroom course is in accordance with Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Statute 8840.5910, Subpart 4 and includes the following topics:
- Preliminary treatment of shock;
- Control of bleeding;
- Airway management;
- Prevention and treatment of frostbite and exposure to cold;
- Prevention and treatment of heat exhaustion and heat stroke;
- Recognition of sudden illness such as stroke, heart attack, convulsions, fainting, and seizure
- When and how to summon emergency medical assistance services.
Scroll down to ‘EVENTS’ and wait for the ‘SHOWING ALL CURRENT AND UPCOMING’ events to display.
- If events are available, select an available date to register for your refresher training. You will attend this training in person. Please note the date, time and location listed.
- If no events are available, you’ll need to return to this page on a regular basis to check when the next event is available so that you can meet your first aid training requirements.
When signing up for an event, you will pay a fee. Please make note of the location of the event, and be sure to print your receipt once you purchased your ticket.
2. VERIFY ATTENDANCE AND COMPLETION
After attending the classroom training, you will receive a certificate of attendance in the e-mail address you provided when you registered for the event. Make sure to check your Spam folder. That certificate should look something like this:
Depending on your e-mail address or client, you may also need Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to access that certificate.
After receiving that certificate, you should do the following:
- Go back to the ‘Standard First Aid Classroom’ course page here.
- Select ‘ASSIGNMENT: Upload Certificate of Attendance (Classroom Participation)’ under Course Content
- Use the Assignment Upload tools the to verify that you have attended the classroom training and completed this course.
Please note that just receiving the classroom certificate alone, does not constitute attendance and completion of this course – you must upload that certificate by visiting the ‘ASSIGNMENT: Upload Certificate of Attendance (Classroom Participation)’ page of this course. An instructor will verify the code and will give you credit for this lesson.