Hands-on training that requires Vehicle Operators to master wheelchair securement and passenger transportation from start to finish! The ‘Passenger Assistance B – Classroom’ course is in accordance with Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Statute 8840.5910, Subpart 5 and covers the following topics:
- demonstration, and practice by students in methods of the following under line item E:
- handling wheelchairs, including moving wheelchairs up and down steps, curbs, ramps, and lifts;
- folding and unfolding manual wheelchairs;
- handling wheelchairs on uneven, wet, or icy surfaces
- demonstration of moving, lifting, and transferring passengers, including assisted and unassisted transfers, two-handed transfers, and standing transfers – line item F;
- demonstration of placing the assistive devices, operating the lifts, ramps, and wheelchair securement devices, and using them properly if the vehicle to be operated is equipped with them – line item H;
- demonstration of the assistance to be offered to ambulatory passengers, including assistance for standing, sitting, and going up and down steps and curbs – line item I
Scroll down to ‘EVENTS’ and wait for the ‘SHOWING ALL CURRENT AND UPCOMING’ events to display.
- If events are available, select an available date to register for your refresher training. You will attend this training in person. Please note the date, time and location listed.
- If no events are available, you’ll need to return to this page on a regular basis to check when the next event is available so that you can meet your passenger assistance training requirements.
When signing up for an event, you will pay a fee. Please make note of the location of the event, and be sure to print your receipt once you purchased your ticket.