Hands-on safety training for MHealth Fairvew vehicle operators on defensive driving characteristics. Trains operators with the rules of the road and how to anticipate any dangerous situation despite the errors of others in adverse conditions.
Some Key Topics Include the Following:
- Vehicle Familiarization
- The Importance of Vehicle Security
- Pre-Trip, In-Service and Post-Trip Inspection Procedures
- Basic Vehicle Control
- Safe Lane Positioning
- Backing Up and Exiting
- Speed, Following Distance and Stopping Distance
- Accident Procedures and Avoidance Types
- Summer, Winter and Night Driving
- Adverse Conditions, and Hydroplaning
- Cell Phone Usage
- Road Rage, Pedestrians and Jaywalkers
- Seatbelt Safety and Usage
- Effects of Impaired Driving
- Wheelchair Loading and Tie-Down Procedures
- The Warning Signs of Transit Criminal Activity
Scroll down to ‘EVENTS’ and wait for the ‘SHOWING ALL CURRENT AND UPCOMING’ events to display.
- If events are available, select an available date to register for your refresher training. You will attend this training in person. Please note the date, time and location listed.
- If no events are available, you’ll need to return to this page on a regular basis to check when the next event is available so that you can meet your passenger assistance training requirements.
When signing up for an event, you will pay a fee. Please make note of the location of the event, and be sure to print your receipt once you purchased your ticket.
2. VERIFY ATTENDANCE AND COMPLETION
After taking this course, do the following:
- Go back to the MHealth First Aid & Passenger Assistance Classroom course page here
- Select ‘ASSIGNMENT: Upload Certificate of Attendance (Classroom Participation)’ under Course Content
- Use the Assignment Upload tools the to verify that you have attended the classroom training and completed this course.
Please note that receiving the classroom certificate alone, does not constitute attendance and completion of this course – you must have your attendance verified by uploading that classroom certificate here. An instructor will verify the certificate and will give you credit for this lesson.